Makeup for Film - Basics Level 2 - SPFX
Makeup for Film – Basics Level 2: SPFX Makeup
Come join us for our monster workshop, where you can learn basic out-of-kit f/x including bruises, burns, and wounds and how to create your own character with industry techniques used in film and television! No previous experience necessary.
What you will do and learn at this workshop:
- Watch live demonstrations for bruises, burns, and wounds
- Learn about the best tools used in television and film
- Have a practice session with other aspiring makeup artists
- Craft your own character using industry techniques
- Have photo opportunities for portfolio pictures
Space is minimal so if you’re interested in this workshop, register before the available spots fill up!
Instructor: Kat Kou
Kat has over 13 years of makeup experience in the industry, including special f/x and prosthetics. She has worked on many productions here in Vancouver including Altered Carbon, Lost in Space, and The Flash, just to name a few. She has also worked at several beauty counters in cosmetic retailing as both a manager and her role at Charlotte Tilbury as a Lead Artist.
Her experiences include facilitating backstage workshops for celebrity-inspired makeovers, bridal parties, and other luxury events.
A class with Kat will get you prepared for your future as a makeup artist!
What You Get:
- A makeup kit to use in class
- A full day of education
- Photos for your portfolio
- Certificate of completion
- Free 1 year Key Membership with FilmLocal (Valued at $144)
- Free admission to our next networking event (Valued at $10)
- Free admission to an in-depth tour of MAC on Robson
- Full store discount at MAC on tour date
What You Need to Bring:
- A friend to work on!
Food & Drink
We will supply some snacks, coffee, and water but we encourage you to bring a lunch. There are a couple of cafes and restaurants nearby if you need.
MAC on Robson has graciously offered all students the opportunity to tour the facility and get hands-on product knowledge from the experts there. In addition, students get a discount on everything in the store.
$350 per student
Date & Time
Saturday August 10, 2019 | 9:00am – 5:00pm
Alternative Creations Studio
1659 Venables Street
Vancouver BC, V5L 2H1
There is free street parking available.
Space is limited so register today by clicking the button below. Can’t wait to see you there!