ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE’s content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; andGarage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
VICE was started by people who wanted to make things they cared about, and who took on the world with curiosity, radical thinking, and an audacious spirit.
The Marketing team is vital in contributing to the brand initiatives for the entire VICE Media Group ecosystem, with a focus on VICE TV.
Our team aims to create engaging and thought-provoking content that urges our audience to not only watch, but to act.
Role x You
As the Marketing team’s Video Editor, you will be responsible for cutting trailers, TV campaigns, digital spots and campaigns, special content and in-house reels. To thrive in our fast-paced environment, you should be prepared for last-minutes requests and quick turnarounds, while being able to prioritize on-going assignments.
The Video Editor for the Marketing team will report to VP, Marketing and Creative Operations or the designated supervisor, taking ownership when needed, while remaining flexible to iteration and collaboration from the Creative team.
- Edit image spots, trailers and promos for VICE TV shows, including series trailers, image spots, episodic promos, interstitials and brand spots.
- Act as a creative voice in the development and creation of all marketing video assets.
- Edit internal and external reels for VICE TV and the larger Vice Media Group.
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing, Programming and executive teams to package video materials.
- Attend creative kick-off meetings and provide editorial ideas to elevate the creative.
- Handle final deliveries in necessary formats for multiple platform specifications.
- Review the junior editors and AEs works as needed and work with them/ mentor them to improve their work.
You have these:
- 5+ years of experience editing trailers, sizzle reels, image spots in a cable network, agency or post house.
- A strong portfolio/reel of promos, trailers or advertising spots.
- A strong musical ear and talent for cutting to music.
- A strong creative voice.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with Producers.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines set by Producer and/or Creative Director.
- Communicate consistently with creative team and executive leadership.
- Extremely organized and able to successfully reach multiple deadlines at once, without compromising creative quality.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
We’d love if you also had these:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in film & video production
- A musical background or the ability to play an instrument
- Working knowledge of animation/motion in relation to the creation of trailers and title/end cards.
- An understanding and interest in overall video production and knowledge of new creative and production techniques.
- Please note that a reel or portfolio site is required for initial consideration for this position
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
To apply for this job please visit company.vice.com.