It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings. From movie concept to film production, and global premieres to direct to consumer mobile applications, Studio Technology innovates and delivers solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
The Sound Engineering team is part of Studio Technology that supports The Walt Disney Studio. The position will support all of post-production activities supported by the Sound Department. This includes Audio Mixing Stages (5.1, 7.1, IMAX, and Dolby Atmos), ADR/Remote collaboration, Audio QC, and Mastering Suites. This is an IATSE Local 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- High-level front-line technical support for all post-production Sound facilities.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the Sound Engineering team to design, implement, and maintain feature film Audio Mixing Stages, Mastering, and QC environments.
- Support workflow process and procedures for the Sound Department.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Avid Pro Tools systems and Avid consoles/control surfaces.
- Collaborate with Studio Technology teams to ensure all Sound Department activities are handled.
- Ensure that content security protocols are followed at all times.
- Experienced in all post-production workflows:
- Traditional console mixing; large format consoles and control surfaces
- In-the-box mixing
- Immersive mixing formats, including Dolby Atmos and IMAX
- ADR workflows; dialog replacement, group, and animation production.
- Excellent client-service orientation and understanding of the nuances of post-production support.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot complex Audio/Video systems and innovate workarounds as required.
- Skilled in macOS, Windows, and Linux operating system.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP networking, Fibre Channel fabric, and centralized storage systems.
- Experience working in a high-security environment, focusing on content protection.
- Able to install and support Avid Pro Tools software, hardware, and plug-ins.
- Understand and support remote collaboration software; Source Connect, TVIPS, Evercast, Sohonet – Clearview Flex and Pivot, BlueJeans, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Polycom.
- Proficient at multitasking in a highly complex and diverse production environment.
- Can quickly prioritize decisions when given incomplete or conflicting information.
- Highly self-directed; able to manage and (re)prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges and issues.
- Fundamental understanding of component-level electronics and circuit design; familiarity of microcontrollers encouraged!
- Software development experience; GUI, command line, and embedded platforms.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with technology vendors and partners.
- Expertise in StorNext, Avid S6, System 5, and Icon.
- Knowledge of speaker calibration and room tuning
- Comfortable identifying and developing solutions that improve the filmmaker client experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!