Company: DC Entertainment
Location: Burbank, CA
DC Entertainment seeks an Assistant Editor for the Editorial- DC Comics department. Position assists Group Editor and Editor in development and maintenance of DC comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects. Edits special titles or books as needed.
- Assists Editor with development and production of DC Comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects.
- Interacts with freelancers and various departments to ensure that the projects are moving through the appropriate departments as scheduled.
- Ensures that tipsheets, cover copy, catalog copy and other relevant materials are created and distributed on time.
- Assists in administrative duties: vouchers, trafficking of art, copies, mailing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years work experience required.
- Online or print editorial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
- Copyediting and proofreading skills preferred
- Knowledge of core Comic Book mythologies and terminology.
- Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office/outlook or MAC equivalent.
- Proficiency in Abobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit DC%20Comics%20department%20seeks%20an%20Assistant%20Editor.