$50,000 – $70,000 a year
Videographer – Wanting to make a difference
A drop of water is as powerful as a thunder-bolt. (Thomas Huxley)
PLEASE include a strong cover letter, resume & links to your work
We are ethical vegans using commerce as a means of fighting all forms of oppression; climate change is Urgent.
The business aspect of our commerce is primarily raw vegan food, sold in our own restaurants, pantries, food trucks, etc. Profit is a low priority – all of the profit would be directed to social activism. Still, there must be that profit to grow into the international force we aim to be.
Your work would be both to help the commercial side grow and to engage in social activism.
This position involves a never-ending learning curve; including taking courses, we pay for, to improve existing skills and to learn new skills. A never-ending networking towards larger social activism.
So, what exactly will you be doing:
- Being creative!
- Writing blogs, articles, scripts, news pieces, etc.
- Designing: graphics, physical and other layouts, etc.
- General social media and web management
Tell us which of the above skills and attributes you possess.
Do you love to have control over your creativity?
Do you love to plan and create compelling and original multi-media web stories?
Do you love to make complicated stories relevant to wider audiences?
Do you love to engage audiences not only to like us but to think and to act?
Do you love to engage other like-minded communities to join us in a united purpose?
Do you love to research? This may involve disciplines, such as health, climate change, philosophy, history, cultural practices, religion, politics, etc.
Not essential, but let us know if you have any of these assets:
- A degree or diploma centering on videography
- Experience as a journalist and/or videographer
- A degree or diploma in journalism, or a related field
- Strong photography skills
- Strong graphic skills
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with practiced interpersonal skills (including keen listening skills and ability to formulate the right questions)
- Strong research skills
- Ability to identify editorial opportunities across sectors
- News writing experience
- Passion for online journalism and storytelling. You wake up in the middle of the night with that Great Idea!
- Understanding and communicating technical subjects in a clear, concise, and engaging manner
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Excellent writing, copy editing and substantive editing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of digital production techniques, including online information architecture, digital project management, video encoding and distribution, and organic story creation.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize effectively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to innovate, explore new ideas and acquire new skills.
- Drive, determination, attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system
- Familiarity with non-linear video editing tools: Adobe Premiere, Edius, Final Cut.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop) an asset.
- Familiarity with online video platforms like Wochit or Wibbitz an asset.
- The ability to write concise, complete news stories for a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Experience using live streaming hardware (Elemental, Spinnaker, Tricaster) and applications – Facebook Live, YouTube, Snappy TV – an asset.
- Previous experience creating video content for multiple video platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Able to adapt in a rapidly changing media and technology landscape.
- Experience in using a content management system (CMS) to publish, update, and curate digital video content.
- Be able to present a portfolio
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Videography: 3 years (Preferred)
- Photograph: 3 years (Preferred)
- Social Media: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.