Productions 21 Inc
We seeks qualified applications for a Videographer/Cinematographer/Editor position in the Communications and Marketing Office. The Videographer reports to the Director of Marketing and Media Relations, and works collaboratively with other members of the office and IT Services, as well as the offices of Advancement, Enrollment Management, and Athletics in support of institutional marketing goals.
The Videographer is responsible for independently and collaboratively gathering content with departmental colleagues and others to produce videos in a variety of forms such as real-time public interest stories, recruiting and fundraising videos, and other video documentaries that showcase Wabash College faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
The Videographer is responsible for:
- Recording material for production using digital video equipment; making creative and technical decisions regarding elements such as appropriate lighting and shooting angles.
- Producing engaging visual marketing pieces and news stories under tight deadlines, as well as more comprehensive feature stories with longer lead times.
- Editing and assembling final visual/audio material; ensuring consistency and relevancy to production; monitoring technical quality of end product; fact-checking captions to enhance storytelling; and incorporating multimedia text, graphics, sound, animation, and video to enhance user interest and engagement.
- Initiating contact and building relationships with experts and others who can add valuable commentary and color to stories.
- Integrating with other Communications and Marketing team members to provide the most comprehensive and creative coverage of the College, extend stories across multiple media, and ensure brand consistency across all channels.
- Assisting with live web-streamed events.
- Other duties as assigned to assist and support the department.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in videography and video editing are required for this position.
- Evidence of a strategic storyteller with experience in visualizing and shooting concepts effectively and understanding what is compelling and effective.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern video field production techniques and standards.
- Adept video editing skills using Final Cut Pro or Premiere and some experience in graphic skills using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience working with print quality photos and gathering other images to enhance storytelling effect.
- Ability to work independently to meet critical deadlines, and collaboratively with colleagues at the creative and conceptual stage.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in adapting to new information when it becomes available or priorities shift.
Other Details about the Position
- The Videographer will serve as a member of the Communications and Marketing team. Seamless collaboration with writers, editors, and designers is critical.
- The Videographer will advise Wabash’s IT Services on technical equipment needs on a regular basis.
- The Videographer will train and supervise students as necessary for the execution of video production.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $1,650.00 to $1,700.00 /week
- videographer: 1 year (Preferred)
- video production: 1 year (Preferred)
- video editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!