Georgia Power is seeking a Video Producer to join our Brand Creative Team to guide and deliver multimedia products for use in internal and external communication channels.
The Video Producer is responsible for managing all aspects of video production – from requirements gathering to final review and delivery. Demonstrated expertise in all phases of video production (pre-production, production and post-production) is critical.
The Video Producer will be an expert communicator and project manager – adept at maintaining client relationships, gathering requirements, planning and communicating project timelines, synthesizing feedback and delivering on-time and on-budget, every time. The Video producer must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
The Video Producer will deliver high quality, accurate and channel-appropriate projects with a strong focus on storytelling, creativity and maintaining brand look and feel.
The Video Producer will also own and maintain the company’s historical film/video archive collection and talent release management system.
The Video Producer will be required to regularly prioritize projects and manage freelance resources.
- Work closely with the Photography and Video team lead and internal clients to develop original, thematic, and appropriate concepts and scripts for corporate video projects, including executive messages, trainings, and department communications and other purposes
- Perform video edit functions including weaving elements of the message together for effective storytelling
- Attend intake meetings with clients and account team
- Create an overall vision for the production
- Ensure that final script fits the intended purpose and message
- Manage stakeholder expectations, employee workflow to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget and quality standard
- Lead camera crews on production days and direct professional and non-professional talent
- Ability to script and conduct flow of video interviews, ensuring that the shot clips will fit into the edit
- Work in the most proactive, creative and professional manner to provide the highest level of service to our clients.
- QA of produced videos
- Own and manage the film/video and talent release archive
- Engage in professional development to continuously grow and remain competitive with outside services
- Serve as an active participant in department crisis communications preparations and activities (storms, emergencies, etc)
- Participate in Corporate Communication department meetings and serve on work teams as requested.
Skills and knowledge required
- Proficiency with MS Office and Adobe CC Suite
- Excellent understanding of functionally related software, equipment and technologies
- Superior written and oral communication capability
- Able to manage high-volume of tasks with strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to accurately plan, manage and meet project budgets.
- Possess the technical knowledge and collaborative and problem-solving skills necessary to translate abstract concepts into effective deliverables
- Must be organized and detail oriented with ability to apply quality control practices to all projects
- Ability to effectively and professionally collaborate and interact with team peers, clients, interdepartmental colleagues and high-level executives
- Reel showcasing work will be requiredred.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience in broadcasting, journalism or similar.
- At least 10 years industry experience in agency or corporate video production environment
Subject to the Georgia Power Company Smoke Free Workplace Policy: You must be free from all tobacco products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew, snuff, patch and/or gum), at least six months prior to applying for this position.
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America’s premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the Company’s promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia’s 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the Company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com at http://www.georgiapower.com/ and connect with the Company on Facebook ( Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower ), Twitter ( Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower ) and Instagram ( Instagram.com/ga_power ).
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Communications & External Affairs
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Georgia Power Company
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to…): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters – 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
To apply for this job please visit southerncompany.jobs.