- Conceives, pitches, develops, and edits story ideas and concepts. Participates in the preparation of content or unit objectives
- Develops visual story content including researching, writing, shooting, generating and/or editing of written and visual material. Determines the visual style, pace, tempo and format of the story item relative to each platform it will be published on including video, soundscapes, photo galleries and other content items
- Leads and drives production methods with the latest changes to visual storytelling trends, practices, tools and techniques, to continually improve CBC’s content and best practices
- Performs location surveys and identifies special requirements such as audio, lighting, camera angles and equipment, including production limitations
- Prepares, aligns, sets up and operates small format, cinema, news gathering, and consumer camera units and ancillary equipment, ensuring optimal visual, audio and technical quality under prevailing conditions for multiple platforms and deadlines
- Ingests, transcodes and/or processes images to improve overall quality or for specific creative effect within JSP guidelines
- Innovates and performs highly creative content gathering techniques for complex covert situations
- Provides technical guidance, expertise and support within the unit, focused on content production techniques and workflows.
- Proven record of highly creative, innovative visual storytelling
- Minimum 5 years directly related experience
- Requires a superior level of technical knowledge and understanding of visual gathering, visual production and post-production methods with a focus on storytelling
- Must have a strong sense of creativity, initiative and a high degree of responsibility for the accuracy and quality of work throughout the complete production cycle
- Professional photography skills and experience in journalism are an asset
- Skills and experience with animation and graphics are an asset
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client service skills are required
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to pursue the acquisition of story elements with a minimum of supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Graduation from University or Community College in a relevant course of study or equivalent industry experience
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and various shifts patterns, including overnights and weekends, as required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada’s insurance company.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!