Rock Island Auction Company
As a Division of UP Management, LLC, Rock Island Auction Company, the World’s #1 auction house for collectable firearms and military memorabilia, has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Video Producer and Editor. This position will be responsible for the development, creation, and implementation of videos for use on the Web and other digital channels. If you enjoy firearms, history, and producing videos, this is the job for you!
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, writes, films, audio engineers, edits, and distributes digital video files for marketing and communications projects
- Films and edits events and social content
- Inputs music, dialogue, graphics, and effects to various pieces
- Maintain calmness and productivity while managing multiple projects and pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates regularly with key stakeholders and departments to ensure vision is being captured
- Ensures creative assets adhere to company guidelines and voice
- Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
- Handles inventory/collectables in a safe and respectful manner
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to see projects through from conceptualization to completion
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Positive attitude and creative mind
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superb storytelling skills
- Knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Requested to work auction weekends (approximately 5 per year)
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, with frequent bending, kneeling and stooping. Use of hands to reach and feel. Reads and writes, speaks and hears. Works with and around products associated with firearms.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in journalism, film studies, communications, or other related degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of video editing experience required
- Portfolio of relevant video editing, motion graphics and production projects required
- Proven experience using digital technology and editing software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of firearms is preferred but not required
Full time employees enjoy a variety of benefits including PTO, vacation, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
To apply for this job please visit upmanagement.applytojob.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!