Rockstar Games is looking for a highly capable and experienced video editor who can work with a team to capture game footage and edit video game trailers to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will have experience with both drama and documentary and able to craft a compelling narrative. This is a hands on position, capturing footage alone or working with a team of capture artists and then editing a high quality trailer.
Storytelling is a very important aspect of our games, so the editor must be able to communicate the emotional content and excitement of a game within a 60 second format. This is an interactive procedure, part of the trailer making process is shooting scenes in a virtual 3D world using proprietary tools. You will need to be not only an editor but a director and cinematographer as well.
- Create game trailers, TV commercials, and other marketing and production-based materials.
- Edit high-end marketing materials in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity.
- Initiate concepts and work within a team to develop the best assets possible.
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or alternatively work closely with a director to realize a specific vision.
- 5+ years of editing experience
- Fluency in AVID media composer interface.
- Experience working under tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude under pressure is required.
- Keen interest and knowledge of video games.
- People skills and ability to work as part of a team are of utmost importance.
- Ability to take direction when required, while also able to autonomously direct a team to capture specific game footage when necessary.
- A showreel or portfolio that demonstrates an ability to make materials of varying styles is required to be considered for this role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.