Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a Video Editor to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
We’re looking for an experienced Video Editor that loves to tell a good story, and who can push the envelope of how it’s told. You’ll work closely with creatives, producers and post artists both internally and externally to collaborate on and support the development and execution of original video content across various platforms. This role will be focused on video editing but draw on experience in post production finishing and requires participating in project kickoff meetings, ingesting footage post shoot, finding and editing music tracks, sound design, and conform. Additionally, you will play a significant role in the evolution of our internal production capabilities as we continue to push the boundaries of production in creative and efficient ways.
What You’ll Do:
As a Video Editor at Honey, you will:
- Strategically and creatively develop and create commercials that tell compelling, relatable stories for TV and YouTube
- Work with relevant stakeholders (creatives, producers, post artists, etc) to develop the edit, taking into account graphics, sourcing b-roll footage, music, and sound design
- Execute post-production prep and finalize the edit for final deliverables
- Stay up to date on current editing trends and techniques to enhance storytelling and content performance
- Help manage and organize projects on media servers and export, compress and reformat video files as needed
- Create title cards, video thumbnails and other graphics as needed
- A strong reel that showcases a passion for editing, an ability to tell engaging stories, and the technical prowess to craft flawless commercials for big brands
- Experience in comedic storytelling is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as an editor for an editorial production house or advertising agency
- Expertise in all the Mac-based editorial tools of the trade, including (but not limited to) Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Has a wide range of editorial techniques and styles to build any kind of story, and strong editorial decision-making ability to cut quickly when working with creatives and producers in real time
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats and willing to learn new skills quickly
- Self-starter and ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.