To apply: visit https://heatdancecompany.com/internshipapplication to complete the application form and submit for job consideration. Please read this entire job description.
About the Position
Heat Dance is currently seeking editing interns to join our production team who are self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music, and dance video post-production. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience editing short films and/or music videos and is seeking a career in entertainment and film production.
Our intern will work with the production team to create dance videos (shot like music videos, but with focus on dancing opposed to singing) as well as promotions and instructional choreography videos for Heat Dance Online. Depending on the varying interests and skills of the candidate, our intern will contribute to the planning & development of the videos, cinematography, editing, mixing, rendering, and publishing.
Editors may work entirely remotely and meet via online video-chat, and all editors must have their own access to Adobe Premiere. We will only edit using the Adobe Suite of programs; candidates are encouraged to become familiar with the program beforehand, as this is not a “beginner-level” editing internship and applicants will be expected to have an intermediate-level understanding of video editing with past experience, recreational or professional.
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance, fitness, social experiences). We exist as an app and as brick & mortar studios: Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology. Live your best life as your true self at HEAT DANCE!
Location: Remote work (for those local to LA, opportunity to be in-person at shoots in Brentwood of Los Angeles, CA)
Dates: 2020 Fall Session: Sept 8 – December 18 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 2
2021 Winter Session: January 4 – June 11 with Orientation on Weds, Dec 16
Hours: Editors will have 2-3 hours of weekly meetings and editing work is performed at your discretion prior to deadlines. Weekly meetings will be set with consideration to your availability, specific days/times will be arranged with your manager.
Compensation: Unpaid internship, so individual must either be eligible for school credit or they may participate on a volunteer basis if selected and are not eligible for school credit. Truly exceptional applicants may be considered for part-time employment at up to $16/hour.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
What you’ll get:
- professional-grade footage, stills, and finished videos for your reels and portfolios
- The exciting opportunity to be part of and to learn from a growing startup, build connections with amazing people, and have fun!
- Ability to contribute ideas and solutions all the time (seriously, all the time)
- A huge network! Not only are we USC undergrad and UCLA MBA grad students, the UCLA Anderson Accelerator also brings in great mentors and people from the startup world including the partner of Lightspeed Ventures (ahem, Snapchat). You’ll have access to our workspace, speakers, entrepreneurship workshops, and more
- Awesome letters of recommendation!
- Employment opportunities post-internship!
- Log, assemble, edit video footage of dances and choreography, rendering them ready to post
- Bring consideration to the editing resources and capabilities during pre-production, production, and post-production of videos
- Create story lines and scripts as necessary to implement with video
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through video
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Expertise within your choice of software – Final Cut, AVID, even iMovie, etc
- Must be video equipment savvy and have a strong interest in dance and music
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Adobe expertise is a plus
Social Media Marketing, Communication Skills, Adobe Photoshop, Videography, Digital and Film Photography, Videography and Video Editing, Digital Photography and Videography
Job Type: Internship
Pay: Up to $16.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
Online meetings for Internships. Any meetings in-person require face masks.
- Fully Remote
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!