Zoic Studios is an award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Legion, Warrior and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Summary of Position
The VFX Coordinator is the right hand of the producer. The coordinator makes sure artists have what they need, communicates with editorial departments, helps with I/O and overcuts, and helps keep track of the statuses of every shot in production. It is also the responsibility of the coordinator to be attentive to the needs of any clients that are in house. Zoic heavily utilizes Shotgun in production, and our coordinators will need to be familiar with it coming in.
This role is freelance and slated to begin August 2019.
- Support producers by ensuring all artists have what they need
- Take detailed notes in dailies sessions, and communicate to the artists on the team
- Overcut plates using Hiero
- Track shot statuses using Shotgun
- Assist in the I/O process
- Post shots for client review, relay clients notes to artists in a timely manner
- Assist in shot delivery
- Assist in client service for in house clients
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience working on episodic television, commercials, and/or feature films
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Experience with client interaction, scheduling, data entry for project tracking, organizing meetings, managing I/O, assisting producers and supervisors
- Excellence in client service and interaction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Understanding of visual effects workflow and pipelines
- Potential for overtime hours, flexible schedule required
- Experience with the Shotgun shot management software in a production environment a must
- Previous experience as a VFX coordinator in an episodic or commercial facility a major plus!
- Candidates located in Los Angeles and surrounding area preferred
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
- We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City
To apply for this job please visit zoicstudios.applytojob.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!