Senior Video Producer/Editor (Freelance)
Thrive Global is the leading behavior change SaaS company helping individuals and companies drive high performance from a foundation of well-being, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. We’re leading the global conversation around well-being and performance, and developing products and programs that help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
Who You Are
Thrive Global is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Video Producer/Editor with a passion for telling stories about health, well-being, stress, and burnout. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience both producing quality shoots — whether in-studio, via remote, or on set — and expertly weaving together a broad range of visuals, from found footage and stills to remote shoots, original shoots, and live events.
In this role, you will unify visuals, audio, and graphics together to create engaging video designed to perform across O&O platforms, apps, corporate distribution, and more. You’ll move nimbly from day-of, quick-twitch assignments to long-lead branded content, corporate curricula, and original editorial programming.
A flexible editing style and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment is essential, as are polished editing skills and an eye for creating exciting video. The ability to source and cast compelling personal stories is essential. Camera experience, including shooting in a live on-set environment, is strongly preferred. This is a freelance role.
- Pre-production management, including casting, remote location scouting, storyboarding, scripting, and creating shot lists
- Editing in a broad range of styles, from 1-minute social media cuts to long-form branded storytelling to educational webinars and e-Learning curricula
- Expertly marrying visuals, audio, and graphics to create compelling video storytelling including motion graphics as needed
- On-set support including set-up, teleprompter, and shooting as neededCreate rough and final cuts, including music and graphics
- Work in partnership with content studio team from pre- to post-production to ensure a strong final edit, incorporating suggested cuts from in-house creatives and clients as needed
- Create a strong pre and post-production process that can be easily communicated to outside vendors
- 5+ years as a video editor in a fast-paced newsroom, editorial, or branded content environment
- Pre-production experience including casting, visual production, shot lists, and storyboarding
- The ability to flex between video styles, from branded content to corporate curriculaMastery of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience editing video for a range of platforms, with a strong understanding of specs and performance across social platforms, O&O, YouTube, and emerging video platforms
- Experience storyboarding and scripting narrative storytelling
- A portfolio that showcases your ability to edit engaging, polished video with a diverse range of visual and audio sources
- Ability to support production with shooting is strongly preferred
- Experience editing audio is not required, but is preferred
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!