We are running a bootstrapped e-Publishing company. Our mission is simple: to create the best educational content to the people who need it and help change their lives.We are you looking for an actress who can narrate these technical courses on software/IT. We publish content on the topics which are latest and greatest technologies in IT/software sector.
The topics are very dry and complex. Since there is no direct interaction with the instructor – the learner can often become quite disengaged. We need someone to bring some energy and excitement into the videos and voice over for these courses.
For these courses – only the intro video need talking head video. Typically there are 3-5 modules in one course and each intro video is about 5 minutes. Apart from that we also do a promo video for each course – which is another 6-7 minutes.
The rest of the course is audio only – because we show practical exercise or demos on the screen while voiceover is being played in the background.
So in total for each course, we need:
- 30-35 minutes of talking head video
- And about 3.5 hours to 4 hours of audio.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Record voice for the audio scripts
- Record talking head videos for the presentations
- Fixing any errors in pronunciation etc.
Nice to have
- Editing and proofreading of the script
- Provide input on video production
- It will be great if you have a studio setup (with hi-def camera, lighting, green screen etc.)
- If you do not have a studio – we can use a small studio at my home/office (near Langara College). Or we can use the studio at Vancouver library
Qualifications and Skills
- Comfortable in front of the camera
- Lively voice
- Great communicator
- Presentation skills
- Detail oriented
To proceed forward please submit the following:
- A short video demo reel (it could be shot using phone) – just want to review your delivery
- Hourly rates for talking head video
- Hourly rates for voice over
- If you do not have recording setup of your own – are you willing to record at Vancouver library? Or at my home studio?
- Are you willing to wear our company branded T-Shirt during the shoot?
- Do you have a good mic so that you can record the voice over audio at your own place?