We are running a bootstrapped e-Publishing company. Our mission is simple: to create the best educational content to the people who need it and help change their lives. We are you looking for an actress who can narrate these technical courses on software/IT. We publish content on the topics which are latest and greatest technologies in IT/software sector.
The topics are very dry and complex. Since there is no direct interaction with the instructor – the learner can often become quite disengaged. We need someone to bring some energy and excitement into the videos and voice over for these courses.
For these courses – only the intro video need talking head video. Typically there are 3-5 modules in one course and each intro video is about 5 minutes. Apart from that we also do a promo video for each course – which is another 6-7 minutes.
The rest of the course is audio only – because we show practical exercise or demos on the screen while voiceover is being played in the background.
So in total for each course, we need:
30-35 minutes of talking head video
And about 3.5 hours to 4 hours of audio.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Record voice for the audio scripts
- Record talking head videos for the presentations
- Fixing any errors in pronunciation etc.
Nice to have
- Editing and proofreading of the script
- Provide input on video production
It will be great if you have a studio setup (with hi-def camera, lighting, green screen etc.)
If you do not have a studio – we can use a small studio at my home/office (near Langara College). Or we can use the studio at Vancouver library
Qualifications and Skills
- Comfortable in front of the camera
- Lively voice
- Great communicator
- Presentation skills
- Detail oriented
To proceed forward please submit the following:
- A short video demo reel (it could be shot using phone) – just want to review your delivery
- Hourly rates for talking head video
- Hourly rates for voice over
- If you do not have recording setup of your own – are you willing to record at Vancouver library? Or at my home studio?
- Are you willing to wear our company branded T-Shirt during the shoot?
- Do you have a good mic so that you can record the voice over audio at your own place?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com