Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Executive Producer, you will be responsible for overseeing the integration unit for ET Canada.
- Help lead a team of producers and editors to create a comprehensive, creative, entertaining and informative daily news half hour about the Canadian and international entertainment business.
- Liaise with the Corus Tempo (integration) team on a daily basis
- Create engaging content for external clients on various platforms
- Achieve annual revenue and sales targets as set out by the Executive Producer
- Develop digital content and ideas with the team to increase online engagement
- Maintain successful relationships with numerous external and internal partners
- Manage additional staff members as required (i.e. the beauty team)
- Work closely with the Executive Producer and management team on the direction of the show
What We Need From You:
- Manage resources efficiently and within budgetary restrictions
- Ensure the team is operating efficiently and effectively
Execute the vision of the show on a daily basis in an extremely high pressured and competitive environment.
- Oversee and maintain high quality controls in all aspects of the show including ability to create and vet written scripts, graphic elements, assignment sheets, content and edited stories.
- Help co-ordinate and implement cross-media branding, social media innovations and other technical strategies.
- Liaise with counterparts in Los Angeles and throughout the Corus Entertainment organization.
- Possess a strong contact base in the industry (both production and sales)
- Work closely with Integration and Marketing staff to implement strategies for cross-promotion, integrated content and special events.
- Help co-ordinate and plan various network specials.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in broadcast or a related field.
- 5-10 years of management experience in a high-pressure daily environment.
- 5-10 years of experience with external sales clients as part of an integration unit
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and other TV production skills.
- Demonstrate a high comfort level providing clear constructive feedback.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong editorial judgment.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!