Project Type: N/A
Job Date: Ongoing
Union Status: Non-Union
Headquartered in Vancouver, Integral Artists is a national talent agency that is
currently expanding operations, covering clients within the talent, literary and the behind camera sectors of the film and television industry. Our client list includes some of Canada’s best talent, screenwriters, directors, producers and key crewmembers working across North America. This fast growing company is in need of an experienced Supervising Accountant who can oversee the finances of various film and television productions as well as the day to day finances of Integral Artists.
Overview and Responsibilities
The new Supervising Accountant will have experience working as a film or television production accountant as well as a history of working in a corporate environment. They will bring a dynamic work ethic with the ability to liaise with industry unions and guilds one day, and then manage corporate overhead and payroll the next. They will bring a proven track record of leadership and accountability as well as a focus on the details. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver who wants to be part of a growing and exciting group of people.
• All accounting matters whether overseeing or working in conjunction with others.
• Reviewing and consulting on production budgets.
• Overseeing tax credit applications.
• Reporting to corporate stakeholders and liaising with staff.
• Preparing Financial Statements.
• Liaising with banks for production loans.
• Liaising with tax lawyers and filing GST returns.
• Overseeing production legal from the corporate office.
• Liaising with industry unions and guilds.
• Will be involved in starting up and managing the upkeep of numerous single purpose entities.
• Helping to oversee the processing of talent.
• Managing corporate overhead and payroll.
• Providing leadership to a day to day bookkeeper.
• CPA designation required.
• Minimum 8 years experience required.
• Previous experience working as a film or television production accountant.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with sound decision-making skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple projects and work proactively in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Computer skills – you have proficiency in Google Suite apps (Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, Gmail, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• You are able to interact comfortably and confidently with all levels of staff in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work overtime as required.
Please send CV and cover letter (in body of email)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org