Website St. Paul's Bloor Street Church
St. Paul’s Bloor Street is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, versatile and creative Production Manager. Primary responsibilities include leading and overseeing all audio and video components of worship services for both the onsite and online services and producing and editing a seamless livestream worship broadcast. The Production Manager will lead and cultivate a stellar team of staff and volunteers for all services.
• Provide direction and technical support for livestream services and systems
• Manipulate and enhance service audio to provide excellent sound balance for the livestream service
• Maintain and monitor the condition of all the audio, lighting and video technology and arrange repairs as needed; troubleshooting and making repairs in emergency situations
• Manage and update all video and audio recordings and files to be used in-house, online streaming and post-production
• Maintain and update all software and operating systems for the online ministry
• Perform data backup and transfers for editing as required
• Develop systems and deadlines related to video and technical elements of online service/presentations including recording, editing and post-production as needed
• Negotiate with external service providers for both new products and services
• Continually engage in producing excellent results while staying on schedule and within budget, while being aware of current and emerging technologies
• Create a technical specifications manual, so all content creators are aware of how to best deliver video, audio, music, and online content, including fonts and online formats
• Coordinate with the senior leadership team to produce all services by attending weekly debrief and various planning meetings
• Develop the video components of weekly service and execute the technical production of them as needed
• Coordinate and compile all components into a seamless service which maybe be livestreamed, pre-recording components as needed
• Identify challenges and emerging issues in online services/ presentations and present solutions
• Conduct monthly evaluation sessions to maintain a high standard of excellence for the livestreamed service
• Recruit, train, manage and direct the staff and volunteers of Creative Arts Team
• Train requisite staff in the operations of the audio and video equipment
Perform other related duties as required
• Professional experience in audio and video production necessary including the following software and hardware:
o Avid S6L systems, Avid audio training, Dante and Creston systems
o ProTools audio digital audio for recording music and audio from services and live events
o ProPresenter software and applications.
o Blackmagic, Universal Audio and Apple computers operating systems
o Planning Centre
o Blackmagic switchers, PTZ and broadcast cameras and video protocols
o In-house screens and projection technologies, lighting systems and control
• Punctuality and reliability is a must with personal maturity and a willingness to serve.
• Strong leadership skills, with excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work swiftly and efficiently, focusing on the tasks requiring to be completed.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Willing to submit to Police background check
• Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s.
• Part-time position available immediately with core hours: Sundays 8am – 2pm and Tuesday 9am – 5pm. There may be extended hours on occasions when required to meet the needs of the church services calendar. Over the year it would average out to 20 hrs/week.
St. Paul’s Bloor Street is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity to apply.
Under the Diocese of Toronto’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all employees of St. Paul’s Bloor Street are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 (if they are able to do so).
Please submit your resume and a letter stating why you want to work for a church to:
Bishop Jenny Andison
Rector (Lead Minister)
St. Paul’s Bloor Street, Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or at HR@stpaulsbloor.org (If applying via email, please put “Production Manager” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit filmlocal.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters. Some application links will take you offsite.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!