Sittu Entertainment is a Toronto-based production, financing company specializing in independent films. At Sittu Entertainment, we bring years of successful business experiences in film production. Our unique business model allows us to produce original content with sufficient funding each year. Our company value anyone who plays well in a team and brings its unique value to the table in the long run.
The First Assistant Director (1st AD) will be working closely with the director, line producer, and production coordinator, taking responsibility for a number of important practicalities so that the director is free to concentrate on the creative process. The 1st AD will report directly to the director. The ideal candidate will be a DGC member with extensive TV & film experience working as a 1st AD.
This is a union project Hire role located in Toronto, Ontario. 6 to 8 weeks commitment, Monday through Friday, starting in October 2020.
• Assist the director, coordinate all production activity, and supervise the cast and crew
• Work with the director to create the filming schedule while adhering to budgetary constraints, cast availability and script coverage
• Provide the key link between the director, the cast and the crew, while also liaising with the production office
• Provide regular progress reports about the shoot
• Oversee the hiring of locations, props and equipment, and checking weather reports
• Ensure that cast and crew member are on standby and ready for the director’s cue for action
• Control discipline on the set and supervise the other assistant directors
• Oversee the preparation of the daily ‘call sheet’
• Ensure health and safety on set or location, and take action to eliminate or minimize hazards at all times
• Must be an authoritative team leader and motivator, while also being approachable team players
• Ability to plan ahead, troubleshoot and pay close attention to detail
• Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing guidance
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to multi-task, and may be frequently interrupted
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work under highly pressurized and stressful conditions with a flexible and positive approach
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in the position. However, only selected candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com