Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery’s Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
The DTC Sr. Producer is responsible for programming, publishing and merchandising content for Discovery’s direct to consumer experience. The DTC Sr. Producer will be responsible for partnering with the GO team and networks on programming strategy as well as curating long-from packages meant to drive engagement and awareness.
S/He will represent the DTC team at meetings and work closely with GO producers, network & original programming, acquisitions, and marketing/social teams to ensure that the DTC experiences extend the brand. The Sr. Producer will need to present to consumers a coherent message that is in sync with product stakeholders while providing a highly sticky experience that drives engagement and revenue.
- You have a creative programming eye coupled with a data-driven approach
- Expertise in building and executing content curation and content mix development strategies
- Collaborative with the ability to develop strong working relationships and build consensus across functions
- Savvy in working with executive-level stakeholders
- Partner with Sr. Director to devise and implement a performance driven programming/editorial strategy and socialize it amongst the product stakeholders
- Curate long and short-form content for portfolio priorities, seasonal opportunities, and around trending topics
- Merchandise promotional areas on apps and sites; work with GO, social, and marketing teams for effective promotion of content
- Track content through scheduling and delivery processes
- Publish long and short-form videos using web-based CMS in a deadline driven environment
- Maintain knowledge of program library to thoroughly exploit the existing library through stunts and packages
- Work in conjunction with matrixed divisional resources (design, product, digital distribution, media logistics, legal, and social media)
- Own engagement SMART goals and evaluate content performance daily, recommending and implementing changes when appropriate.
- Develop weekly reporting that will be widely distributed
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the editorial voice/style guide for the consumer interface of the product
- Maintain awareness of current competitors’ products and programming strategies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations
- Drive meetings to discuss strategy with executive-level stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
- 5+ year’s experience in online/interactive media, program scheduling or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
- Video programming/production/development or editorial experience
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Flexible and can pivot as the project dictates; thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.discovery.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems suspicious, please report it to us immediately!