River Road Films Ltd
VANCOUVER – Camera Preparation Technician
River Road Films is a natural history documentary television and film production company. Recent work includes “The Wild Canadian Year” for CBC Television (winner of Best Science / Nature Series at the Canadian Screen Awards, 2018) and “The Great Bear Rainforest” IMAX feature film.
River Road Films is looking for a Camera Preparation Technician to manage the company’s warehouse of cameras and associated camera equipment, and ensure all the relevant equipment is gathered, organized, and fully operating for each shoot. Successful applicant must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
Role & Responsibilities
• Communicate with producers and directors clearly and efficiently about the status of equipment availability and condition
• Ensure that the appropriate cameras, associated camera equipment, and supplies are gathered, organized, and fully operating for each shoot
• Ensure that the cameras, associated camera equipment, and supplies are serviced, cleaned and repaired as needed between shoots
• Perform Shipping and Receiving tasks
• Maintain a running inventory of equipment and manage equipment availability on the software program Cheqroom
• Experience working in operations at a camera rental house or similar setting
• Vast knowledge of motion picture cameras and related equipment
• Good communication skills
• Familiarity with Cheqroom software
• Valid BC Driver’s license
• Interest in natural history and / or documentary filmmaking
• Lifting heavy cases and/or equipment
Details and Application Process:
Successful applicant will be hired as independent contractor on an 8 month contract with the potential to extend the term and ideally can start immediately. Rate is $20/hour.
Successful applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview. Criminal record check will be required prior to hiring.
Interested applicants may send a cover letter, CV and a minimum of 2 professional references
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!