As a Researcher, you will coordinate with and support management, producers, assignment editors and desk reporters in the newsgathering and coverage of content for broadcast, cable and digital platforms and brands. This position works within the Northeast Region of NBC Newsgathering. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the gathering and feeding of news materials
- Assist in breaking news & on-going story coverage through internet research and phone calls
- Conduct a variety of information searches
- Help monitor social media sites & the web often and as needed
- Assist the newsgathering team with phone inquiries and other requests
- Other responsibilities may change depending on breaking news and scheduling
- Monitor competitive broadcasts, cable and digital platforms
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field
• Minimum one year professional network news experience, either with a program, bureau or assignment
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning (e.g. breaking news).
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Knowledge of NBC News programs, on-air correspondents, policies, guidelines and practices
• Knowledge and experience using AVID iNews
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Ability to multitask under pressure and in a stressful, deadline driven environment where teamwork is fostered
• Excellent time management skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.