Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
Vox Media Studios is looking for Production Manager for a premium food and travel series by Eater, a show that’s much more than a Top 10 Listicle or Best Of Roundup show. This unhosted series will highlight the food, people, and places in these parts of the world, with sweeping cinematic and hyper-energized visuals, traveling to cities telling stories through a specific lens and adventure. The production manager will assist and manage the day to day operations of a longform series including by not limited to budget, cost reports/bookkeeping, scheduling, hiring of crew, call sheets, etc.
The job is full-time and in-house for 22 weeks, based in New York City.
What You’ll Do:
- Locate and staff crew, both domestically and internationally
- Create shoot budgets & actualize budgets
- Manage invoices, petty cash, expense reports, and start paperwork
- Research and book domestic and international travel (Including visas and carnets)
- Create call sheets, wrap binders, production reports, etc.
- Various tasks as requested by PM team
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in production management (office and set) at a well regarded network or cable network or digital production company (or equivalent).
- Time management skills with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of international booking (visas, carnets, insurance, drones, etc) is a must.
- Ability to work late hours and weekends and travel (if needed)
- Must have their own laptop and drivers license.
Candidates should complete the Greenhouse application, including a resume.
Please submit your application before November 11.
About working at Vox Media: You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!