Zoic Studios is an award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships.
Some of our recent credits include: Legion, Warrior, Manifest, The Walking Dead and The Godfather of Harlem.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
Our New York studio is currently seeking a Production Manager to help run the day to day of production. This position reports to the Senior Vice Presidents and Head of the Production.
- Participate in key decision-making in conjunction with the management teams in both Los Angeles and Vancouver.
- Document, update, and communicate processes and policy.
- Work with Director of HR to process new hire paperwork and time cards.
- Work with the LA Recruiter to help recruit, interview, and hire talent for NY.
- Attend VFX functions in New York as it relates to recruiting and industry events.
- Participate and work with the Supervisors, Lead Artists, Producers, HOP’s to assign, schedule artists.
- Schedule the day to day artist assignments with support from the producers and HOP.
- Contribute to the mentorship and happiness of the creative team.
- Work with the artists and supervisors on pipeline integration.
- Contribute to the mentorship and happiness of the team.
- Help train new employees and freelancers across departments.
- Report back to the Los Angeles and Vancouver offices any Zoic NY tech issues, which affect the facility and the shows.
- Flag office building issues, as needed (i.e. notice of power going down, building construction, snow days, etc.).
- Manage the office process for tracking meals, travel, camera kits, car services, catering, etc.
- Manage office PA.
- Track and document employee vacation requests.
- Organize and produce the Zoic NY office events.
- Travel as deemed necessary between the three Zoic Studios offices.
- 4 + years of coordination experience on television and/or feature production.
- Production experience with Shotgun.
- Experience with EXCEL and Microsoft Office.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed note taking.
- Understanding of 3D/2D VFX pipelines.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Able to manage different personalities and good relationship building skills.
- Able to negotiate priorities between different shows vying for the same resources.
- Good at conflict resolution.
- Able to display diplomacy & level headed personality.
- Project coordination experience a plus.
- Artist coordination experience a plus.
- This position is located on site in New York City. Candidate must live in the radius of the location or have the ability to move locally.
- Zoic Studios does not cover relocation costs.
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit zoicstudios.applytojob.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!