The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Studios is an in-house creative production organization designed to support nearly every aspect of the fan experience on behalf of Warner Media’s brands, including TBS, TNT, truTV, Cartoon Network, [adult swim], Boomerang, CNN, Great Big Story, Turner Classic Movies, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, and more.
Our teams of artists and craftspeople work closely to produce a huge variety of content and fan experiences each year, primarily from our 300,000-square-foot facility in midtown Atlanta. For more on who we are and what we do, check out this virtual tour: vimeo.com/tsatl/tour
We have an opening for a Production Manager of Live Sports in our Atlanta, Georgia office with our Turner Studios group. In this role you’ll be responsible for connecting dots and tending to details in order to ensure that our live sports content (NBA, NCAA, UEFA, ELEAGUE and more), both in studio and on location, are executed successfully. We’re looking for a rare combination of technical savvy, high EQ, and masterful organizational skills that’s motivated by the challenge of keeping a fast-moving, constantly rerouting train on the rails.
This role serves as connective tissue between our brand partners, production crew, operations team, facilities, vendors, and more – tracking plans and budgets, devising solutions for problems that inevitably arise in a live environment, and over-communicating to keep everyone in the know every step of the way. The role also partners with our internal technical and engineering teams, managing projects related to our technical production infrastructure.
One thing to note, we work in a sort of “breaking news” type environment so working nights and weekends isn’t uncommon. There’s also a bit of travel involved, but would only be around 10% of the role.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for technical and personnel needs related to all live sports productions.
- Manage day-to-day production needs for multiple brands (NBA, NCAA, UEFA, ELEAGUE), working closely with content team, technical operations, and other partners.
- Engage with networks to review live productions and advise on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop, track, and own accountability for budgets and organization of multiple simultaneous productions.
- Coordinate with linear production/operations teams to schedule feeds and organize remote broadcasts.
- Oversee coordinators in accurate creation and reconciliation of budgets for all assigned projects.
- You have 6+ years of live studio television production management experience
- You’ve worked in sports or news previously and have a passion for the content
- You’re no newbie to budgeting, reconciling, forecasting, and creating financial projections in excel
- You have experience with a wide variety of production formats and deep understanding of crew roles needed for in-studio or on-location live productions
- It’s a plus if you’ve used ScheduALL previously
- You’re an excellent people manager with a strong innate desire to develop the skills of and bring out the best in production craftspeople, both full-time staff and temporary employees
- You have a strong technical background to intuitively translate creative vision into a clear logistical complement, as well as supporting the development of critical skills our crew members need
- You’re adept at building strong relationships with network production teams, directors, engineers, and technical managers alike
- You knock it out of the park when it comes to clear, concise communication skills whether its written or verbal and can tailor and present your ideas to a wide variety of audiences
- You’re an expert multi-tasker who can shift between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles under pressure
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves when demand is high
- You’re self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Full-time position (40+ hours/week)
- Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + retirement benefits (401k matching!)
- Fantastic paid time off package (includes vacation, sick and personal days, plus holidays)
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers AND Dads
- An industry leading in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Working for incredible WarnerMedia brands like HBO, CNN, WB, TBS, TNT, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and more!
To apply for this job please visit www.warnerbroscareers.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!