OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV StationsFOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
KTTV/KCOP-TV is seeking a strong leader with a keen eye for dynamic live television to fulfill the role of Production Manager. The ideal candidate will work directly with the General Manager, News and Engineering management to bring forth superior production values to each daily newscast and special event productions. The production Manager’s duties will include but are not limited to improving the production values of daily newscast and special event coverage, including management of newscast Directors, Technical Directors, Audio Engineers and Camerapersons. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to day management of News production and on-air News operations as well as special event production. The candidate will have strong leadership skills, superior story telling abilities, excellent communication skills and passionate about bringing forth superior daily newscast. Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily critique and improvement of On-Air look in conjunction with the General Manager, News Director and Executive Producer objectives
- Coach Directors to bring forth those established objectives
- Develop Production Staff to produce excellent error free daily Newscast
- Train new employees and review/ critique existing staff
- Manage advancement within current staff (floor to booth, audio to direct, etc.)
- Development and implementation of cross-training procedures between News and Operations
- Establishment and implantation of new equipment training
- Ensure Graphic presentation is consistent with group wide objectives
- Developing an in-depth understanding of iNews, Bitcentral, Chyron, and Sony ELC to achieve designated objectives
Must have at least 3-5 years of previous news Production Management experience at a commercial TV station. Experience in television Newscast Directing, BA preferred or equivalent television broadcast experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.foxcareers.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!