WildBrain is looking for Production Managers to join our Vancouver studio.
In this role, you will assist the Producer in overseeing the production process, creating the departmental schedules, and managing members of the production crew to keep this show running at full steam! We are looking for someone who is incredibly organized and calm under pressure, passionate about the details, highly communicative and excited about joining a talented team of industry professionals working to create some of the best quality kids’ content in the business!
These roles are set to begin early 2021.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Manage and organize all departments assigned and supervise the Production Coordinators for those departments
- Oversee the production’s progress, review reports, and flag any issues to the Producer
- Review all script and animatic notes and ensure that the team is balancing priorities and responding in a timely manner
- Work with Producer and Production Coordinators to create detailed plans and break downs of tasks for the team, ensuring the project remains on schedule
- Ensure all production work meets studio standards and is completed within the established deadlines
- Maintain the Directors’ schedules
- Liaise with clients, partners and vendors
- Monitor crew attendance and manage vacation requests
- Maintain communication with out-of-house freelancers and ensure timely delivery of their assigned assets
- Communicate with IT and Studio Operations regarding required work stations and software for the production crew
- Assist supervisors with performance reviews
- Have your “finger on the pulse” of the production floor
- Work on other projects and tasks as required
- 1+ years of experience as a Production Manager on an animated television series
- 3+ years’ experience coordinating projects and teams in the entertainment industry
- Knowledge of the 2D and/or 3D animation pipeline preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge in Shotgun
- Experience with Post Production an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or Certificate in relevant field (e.g. Entertainment/Media) an asset
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and motivating a talented and diverse crew
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Strong ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge in Shotgun
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.