Production Executive/Producer, Unscripted/Documentary Features or Series
FeltFilm is developing a series of documentaries for Canadian and international partners. We are an independent studio encompassing the development, production, financing, and delivery of cross-platform content for audiences worldwide.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the production team and resources. The ideal candidate originates from any one or several of the following backgrounds: network news/journalism/current affairs, publishing or magazine editorial, record label/music industry, commercial agency, branded storytelling for iconic labels, pure and applied documentary production.
- Oversee multiple unscripted projects in development and production
- Ensure that commercial or commissioning requirements are fully understood in order to develop and budget realistic proposals and ensure that delivery is feasible within timeframes
- Monitor all aspects of production process across the slate to facilitate successful broadcaster/client delivery
- Work closely with legal to manage risks, commercial negotiations, rights and clearances, and contractual issues connected with the client, talent, crew, and other third parties
- Manage and control costs; regular cost reporting and accurate analysis, ensuring all members of the team understand and meet those expectations
- To be editorially and managerially responsible for the development, financing plans, production, and delivery of feature length documentaries involving multiple clients and funding partners
Key Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience of producing and managing budgets for a wide range of production, with emphasis on unscripted series and doc features. Other experiences preferred include branded content, digital and TV programming, or podcast production
- A fully integrated understanding of Canada’s structures for financing feature length documentaries which includes: advanced knowledge of license agreements; navigating chain of title; funding applications for various envelops including CMF/Ontario Creates and Quebec partners; advanced understanding of the tax credit component to production and interim financing
- Knowledge of music rights and archival clearances
- Experience with international and/or interprovincial co-productions
- Able to create a clear editorial vision for the lifecycle of content across all platforms.
- A commitment to creating both diverse content and teams to reflect our audiences and ensuring best practice.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of industry trends, innovations and creating effective networks.
- Work with President to develop a strategy for the development of FeltFilm’s brand; manage and build this relationship with clients and partners
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are well networked within the television industry
- Monitor and keep current with trends in programming both in Canada and internationally
- Experience of negotiating deals and contracts with talent and third parties, including distribution partners
- Experience of introducing and implementing new ways of working including new technology and processes.
- Collaborative and strong role model for the team, with an ability to foster and inclusive environment
- Experience of managing numerous key stakeholders and prioritising conflicting demands
- Familiar with the media industry developments; audience, regulatory etc.
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
FeltFilm is committed to equality of opportunity and we welcome applications from all individuals—regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
If you require any assistance in submitting your application, or have any questions about the position, please contact us via email@example.com
This is a 3-6 month starting position with the aim to extend. We are looking to onboard a long term partner who shares a future in our company and we will discuss bonus structures including equity position. The starting wage will be flexible based on experience and we’d like a quick start if possible.
CLOSING DATE – 15 August 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!