The Production Director will be responsible for managing all broadcast elements, technical staff and remote sources and must coordinate regularly with the operations, technical and graphics departments. Additionally, the Production Director will collaborate with the editorial team to develop and create workflows and production techniques for ABC News broadcasts and special events. Ideal candidates will have the proven ability to support ABC News anchors, correspondents and producers to ensure network production and editorial standards are upheld. Candidates must be very familiar with the latest broadcast technologies, graphics and production devices. The Production Director will be on the frontlines helping to ensure all ABC News programs meet the highest network standards.
- Minimum 7 years of experience directing live television broadcasts at the network, large market or cable news level.
- Professional experience working with any of the following broadcast automation systems – Ross OverDrive, Tricaster 8000, Ross Vision, Carbonite Production Switchers.
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends. Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and exhibit and understanding of traditional and digital broadcasting technology.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, strong project management skills
- Experience directing broadcasts from automated control rooms both in studios and from remote locations
- Experience working in a multi-camera studio environment.
- Proficiency in the latest broadcast television technology, graphics and production devices
- Proficiency in broadcast studio lighting preferable
- BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world’s most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you’ve got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!