For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world’s greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
Nick Animation is looking for a Production Coordinator. We are creating first rate animation for all ages from pre-school through big kids with exciting opportunities across our many platforms including shorts, current series and movies.
- Creates and manages day-to-day data tracking, departmental updates
- Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining deadlines, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met.
- Understands the department and works with Supervisor to maintain the department schedule.
- Ensures pipeline procedures are followed, and workflow is as seamless as possible from one department to the next.
- Manages the departmental meetings and calendar.
- Performs artist rounds and check-ins to determine the status of the work in the department.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists regarding timelines.
- Assists with the set up for and on-boarding of new artists.
- Handles requests made by crewmembers, Directors, Department Head, Production Management and Production Supervisor.
- Takes notes during reviews, approvals and distributes information to the department afterwards as well as follows up on action items.
- Effectively communicates with the crew via email, one-on-one meetings and during crew meetings.
- Stays abreast of issues on the floor, anticipates potential issues and elevates information appropriately to Production Supervisor.
- Able to pull up shots and models and manages technical issues during reviews and approvals. Learns the necessary computer programs and network directory system.
- Preps for reviews by building the agenda, checking the attendees, room set up.
- Understands the pipeline and where the department fits in. Has a basic knowledge of tools being used by artists in the department.
- Attend production meetings and provides departmental updates.
- Contributes information for department and production evaluations as required.
- Supports studio and production directives.
- May coordinate departmental crew meetings.
- Production Manager
- Preferred experience as a Production Assistant within animation production.
- Proficiency in software like Shotgun, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Filemaker Pro
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear manner
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work proactively and independently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Outstanding leadership and team-building experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit viacomcbs.careers.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems suspicious, please report it to us immediately!