This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The Production Assistant for CNN’s AC360 works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere.
- The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics.
- Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, and for pitching both package and guest ideas.
- They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
- The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
- The PA will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
- Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred or equivalent experience.
- One year of production or related experience with some experience in video and graphics.
- Television/Broadcasting background is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Able to juggle many tasks at once.
- Experience in editing a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit hbocareers.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!