CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Network
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS’s total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Supervise the online editing and audio sweetening of promos produced by the writer/producers and assigned by the Director of Production. This includes directing the activity of online Avid editors, audio mixers, and voice-over talent.
- Manage and QC (quality control) the production of media files for final air.
- Interpret instructions provided by WGA writer/producers and creative directors as part of the process of finishing production of marketing content.
- Confer with operations and support services personnel to coordinate unit activities with other departments.
- Edit scripts for continuity and accuracy.
- Order graphics and supply music information as the need arises to ensure completion of promos.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Television or Film production or 2-5 years related experience (e.g., a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency).
- Experience with supervising production personnel and scheduling production facilities is essential.* Solid technical background in post-production is required. Must have thorough knowledge of editing, audio pre-lay and mixing, media file formats, animated graphics, and miscellaneous equipment used in typical day-to-day post-production.
- A thorough understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required.
- Must be computer literate. This includes a thorough knowledge of the Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well under pressure, while dealing with on-air scheduling deadlines.
To apply for this job please visit viacomcbs.careers.