Technicolor’s premier, Post Production house in Vancouver offers cutting-edge audio and video post services for Feature Film and TV/Episodic productions from set to screen.
Our Vancouver facility is connected to Technicolor’s worldwide network of operations and has a full range of services, including: front-end, dailies, VFX and sound and colour finishing. We collaborate closely with storytellers to ensure that their visions are brought to life.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our Vancouver facility.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing direction to the all departments to ensure successful completion of projects to exceed client expectations. Organized, professional and customer-service focused, this person is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented member who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
Possessing a sense of urgency, the Project Manager demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, deliver accurate and quality work on schedule, and has excellent skills in building relationships and communicating effectively. Most importantly, this role is very responsive to a variety of external client needs. This role works with an intense propensity to get things done to delight the client.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support to the operations department to ensure efficient, productive and harmonious operations for completion of projects;
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing technical needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure smooth passage of projects.
- Schedule post sessions as requested by clients and in-house coordinators, tailoring time and facilities in accordance to specific needs, based on supplied information, and the understanding of Technicolor’s ability to best meet their needs.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Prepare all involved departments for the session by providing necessary information in a clear and timely manner.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Record all technical and logistical information pertinent to each session.
- Manages project budget. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices
- Liaise with other divisions and locations in order to foster effective communications on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with Client Services to communicate needs to support client visits and meetings, including outlining the need for overtime services.
- Provides outstanding professional scheduling services to our clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position with a fixed daytime shift, although overtime may be required.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a production environment, Post Production or VFX.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- University degree in business administration; or a recognized business certificate or diploma program preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment to get the job done and collaborate with others.
- Able to plan, prioritize, and manage competing priorities as well as meet deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership, client services and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Adept at anticipating emerging issues on behalf of the client and managing staff to resolve to meet the client’s expectations .
- Exceptional ability to adapt efficiently and effectively to a demanding and changing work environment managing flexible hours, multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment.
- Proven ability to be flexible, confident and self-motivated.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!