Reel One Entertainment
Post-Production Accountant, Vancouver
Reel One Entertainment, a Newen (TF1 Group) company, is a dynamic international television production and distribution company with offices in Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and London. Reel One leads the way in the development, financing, production and distribution of high-quality TV programming, and is one of the largest suppliers in the niche of highly commercial TV movies and series.
Please visit www.reeloneent.com for more information.
Champlain Media West, a company associated with Reel One Entertainment, is looking for an experienced Post-Production Accountant. Based in the Vancouver office, the Post-Production Accountant will report to the Controller, Production Accounting, and be the main liaison between Corporate accountants and the production accountants’ teams in British Columbia. The Post-Production Accountant will also work closely with members of the tax-credit department.
- Review the cost reports for production purpose and for corporate closing (review the estimate to complete amounts with the VP production and the head of post-production)
- Process any outstanding invoices carried over from the shooting phase and all post AP invoices
- Handle post-production payroll (i.e.: post supervisor, editors and ADR)
- Process intercompany invoices and assure they are paid on a timely basis
- Monitor cashflow weekly and prepare weekly funding draw request to perform payment runs (wire payments, checks)
- Handle month end bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly GST/HST filling
- Assist in audits, gathering all the documents needed for auditors
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and responsibilities as requested
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable and account reconciliations
- Thorough knowledge of production accounting principles and practices is required
- Knowledge of Cast & Crew and Vista is preferred
- Ability to work with a team, multi-task and be proactive
- Experience managing an audit process
- Multi-currency experience
- Strong communication skills, in English
To apply please follow this link: https://reelone.bamboohr.com/jobs/
To apply for this job please visit reelone.bamboohr.com.