Phenomenon is an independent company in Los Angeles. Up on the 28th floor in Miracle Mile, we’re a crew of creative thinkers who enjoy getting (and solving) some of the most interesting problems out there. From partnering with brands in need of transformation to startups in need of formation, we’re more than an advertising agency to our clients. We’re a non-traditional partner that believes that everything is solvable. Alright, that’s our elevator pitch, now about the gig:
Phenomenon is seeking a bright, dynamic, self motivated and witty Art Director intern.
Your daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with a Copywriter intern to concept on creative assignments
- Work closely with the internal team on the creation of brand assets from logos and packaging, to the full gamut of the advertising arsenal, such as print, film, digital media, social and more
- Develop and craft creative storytelling that is both visually exciting and engaging
- Present and sell your work internally as well as directly to the clients
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (recent graduate or currently enrolled Junior/Senior) or comparable professional experience in Art Direction, Graphic Design, Visual design or other relevant field
- Creative portfolio with samples of work
- Experience in designing for print and digital mediums
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Detail oriented, hard-working, self-motivated, and eager to collaborate
- Comfortable presenting your work to other team members and receiving feedback
- Ability to execute design solutions under tight deadlines
- Manage project work to ensure team meets deliverables
What can I expect as a Pheno intern?
To learn. A lot. As an independent shop, we don’t bring interns in just to have them lie around and mutely sit in meetings. Pheno interns get the opportunity to work on real client asks alongside the rest of the creative department. We believe that the best idea wins, no matter who brings it in, so it’s not an uphill battle either. So if you want to get your hands dirty, learn from people who pride themselves on not taking the road most traveled, and discover how to disrupt and effect change across a wide variety of products and services, then Phenomenon is the place for you.
Pay: Yes! We’re not savages. $15/hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.