Company: LBI Media, Inc.
Location: Burbank, CA
Estrella TV News Field Camera Operator
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The ideal candidate will have experience in lighting and recording technique in both field and indoor news broadcast settings. Must possess basic knowledge of sound and film language techniques and professional experience as a news camera operator.
· Assemble, prepare and set up equipment (e.g. tripods, monitors, lighting, cables, leads and headphones) prior to filming
· Maintain composition and appropriate camera angles throughout a shot.
· Work with Reporter and Producer to find the best shot which captures the visual impact of the story or segment;
· Rehearse camera moves required for pre-arranged shots
· Trouble-shoot technical or operational problems
· Bring innovation and experiment with ideas
· Work quickly, respond quickly to directions
· Take charge in situations where the camera operator is the only news person present at a story
· Stay current on filming methods and equipment;
· Travel to different locations depending on assignment
· One year of experience as a News Field Camera Operator
· Experience with lighting, optics, and cinematography
· Demonstrated knowledge and ability to creatively frame and capture action; assemble, prepare and set up equipment prior to filming
· Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines
· Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish a plus)
· Some college preferred
· Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
· Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
· Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
· Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
· Must possess valid CA DMV license and a good driving record.
· Must be 20 years or older
Interested candidates must submit their demo and resume in the “Subject Line”, please reference “News Camera Operator” and also the source/location of where you saw the job posting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- News Camera Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.