Project Type: Projects
Job Date: Ongoing
Union Status: Non-Union
Netflix is seeking a Casting Administration Coordinator who will be responsible for creating and owning the casting administration workflow for the Original Series group at Netflix. This will entail coordinating with casting, physical production, post-production, business & legal affairs, contract administration, credits and other internal and external teams during pre-production, production, and post-production in connection with the engagement and crediting of performers, including actors, stunt performers singers and dancers.
Responsibilities will also include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the primary/initial point of contact between Netflix, talent agents and attorneys with respect to guest performer contracts;
- Reviewing and approving project-specific guest performer contracts that production prepares to ensure accuracy, execution, and payments for original series;
- Working with production attorneys to prepare and negotiate riders to such agreements as necessary, and ensuring agreements and start paperwork are signed and processed in accordance with Netflix policies;
- Advising and educating producers, casting, production, finance, post-production and production legal (in-house and external) of the requirements under the SAG-AFTRA (and/or other performer unions) contracts;
- Advising post production on cast contract requirements when moving, splitting, and deleting scenes, as well as ADR payments;
- Collaborating with post and finance on loop groups to ensure compliance with Netflix policies and SAG rules; drafting, reviewing and obtaining signatures on all Looping contracts; and enabling access to signed agreements to all internal stakeholders;
- Coordinating with the screen credits team on efficiencies and reviewing/approving guest performer credits on assigned projects;
- Working with other internal groups at Netflix, including Legal Ops and Studio Engineering, to help develop a Casting Administration internal database to ensure project, performer and agent information is complete;
- Creating and updating forms, templates, and tracking sheets to increase overall efficiency.
- At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA Collective Bargaining Agreements, especially the Television Agreement and New Media Sideletter.
- Prior experience working with G Suite and Google Sheets preferred.
- BA/BS preferred.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Clear and concise interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across functions, think practically and be solution-oriented;
- Ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas;
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise;
- Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity;
- Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player; and
- A great sense of humor
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.