About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Our marketing team is focused on the creation of compelling narratives and content that build awareness of Shopify and communicate our role in commerce to the world. We are looking for an imaginative visual storyteller who is excited to tell the world how Shopify is making commerce better for everyone. As a Motion Graphics Animator/Producer focused on motion design, video production, digital asset development, editing and interactive storytelling, to join our cross-discipline UX team of producers, designers, developers and content designers.
We are specifically looking for someone capable of creating marketing initiatives with a cross-discipline team, which includes creative development and collaboration across design, development, UX and content design. You would be responsible for generating new visuals for various commercial spots (Fraud Protect animation), digital experiences (like our Sustainability Fund page), and social media campaigns (like our Gift Better campaign). We’re looking for a passionate, positive, creative self-starter, who can produce quality content packages end-to end in a collaborative team environment, but with minimal direct oversight.
- Provide advanced creative and visual storytelling from conceptualization through shooting and editing
- Responsible for creating and editing animated marketing and advertising materials
- Ability to work with developers to combine animation with code
- Responsible for amplifying the visual branding of company public image through motion design, products, and promotional material across a variety of digital and experiential media
- Directing and adding compelling motion and animation into interactive projects in addition to creating animatics, motion guides and case studies
- Create motion elements from a designer’s initial design layout, or ability to conduct initial design
- Generate stories, ideas, campaigns and thoughts and create compelling visual experiences
- Create and maintain motion graphics-specific templates, instructions, documentation, and best practices
- Maintain best-in-class video production practices and setups
- Oversee productions from start to finish, beginning with initial concept and ending with final video deliverables.
- Develop scripts, treatments, and storyboards
- Actively stay on top of marketing trends, goals and performance indicators
- Capable of handling some high-level budget management including POs, contracts, expenses and tracking
- Expert knowledge in animation and motion graphics and secondary knowledge in filmmaking, design, post-production process, storytelling.
- Experience generating powerful, credible original video content. Producing, designing, animating, and editing video.
- Advanced proficiency in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma.
- Strong understanding of 2D with some 3D knowledge.
- Strong storytelling and storyboarding skills
- You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience, and understand how to take people on a complete journey, end to end.
- Good understanding of typography and composition. Capable of producing assets rapidly if necessary.
- Ability to keep pace and adapt to the latest technology and social media best practices while constantly learning and improving
- The ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, always thriving on change
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on motion design projects and integrate feedback
- Experience working on set and with a video production crew a benefit.
This posting will close on January 8th at 5:00pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
To apply for this job please visit www.shopify.com.