Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a talented and motivated Video Editor to help create amazing classes. Ideally, you are excited about creating an online education experience that transcends the passive e-learning models popular today.
- Expert in Adobe Premiere CC and Media Encoder
- Proficient in After Effects CC, Photoshop CC
- Ability to work in all HD, UHD, and digital video formats including all variations of compression formats and their different uses in the production environment
- Experience with delivery/preparation of files for color correction and post-production sound houses
- Longform documentary experience req’d. Experience editing across multiple mediums: documentaries, short-form, narrative, music videos, commercials a plus
- Go-to person for troubleshooting workflows, render or export problems and have the ability to calmly guide people to the right solution
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Familiar and comfortable collaborating in the edit bay with a producer
- Extreme attention to detail
- Possess a strong sense of story and rhythm, color grading, music and audio, and good communication
- Edit and collaborate on long form (5+ hour) projects
- Concept and edit short form marketing material
- Maintain highest quality standards and organization from logging to delivery
- 5-8 years as an editor in a professional post-production environment
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Works full time in our SF or LA office (contract)
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!