NBC Owned Stations is looking for a Managing Editor to lead the storytelling process for LX, a new multi-platform news product and soon to be over-the-air network.
Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you tired of trying to fit into the box of traditional media? We seek a leader who has worked for years pushing the boundaries of news and prepared to guide a newly formed team through the exciting phases of the launch process. It provides the perfect blend of applying everything you have learned as an experienced journalist and taking risks that go beyond the boundaries of a traditional newscast.
We are building a team of editorial mavericks, ready to question every step of the traditional process, and willing to experiment in the field. We want journalists who believe content begins with the story, not the medium. We seek storytellers who aren’t afraid to fail and always take ownership of their work.
- Manage a team of visual storytellers as they craft news stories in a whole new way
- Strategize effective ways to deliver content on multiple platforms using emerging technology
- Lead the conversation about ethics and execution as our chief journalist
- Encourage risk taking and celebrate failures as paths to successful innovation
- Have a keen sense of judgment, able to identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the curve
- At least 5+ years professional experience in the news, documentary or similar field
- Experience coaching, training and counseling employees on their performance
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Strong understanding of social media and digital video consumption and audiences
- Creative storyteller with experience crafting documentary style content
- Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for social consumption
- Solid storytelling skills including writing, visual storytelling, creating graphics and editing
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple people in a high-pressure environment
- Deep understanding of adding depth and context to journalism
- Experience in executing news strategy and promotion
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
NBCUOTS – Lifestyle Production
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!