Project Type: Videos
Job Date: Full Time
Union Status: Non-Union
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency Hypemaker. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2018 and Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” in 2017.
HYPEMAKER is a global agency providing total creative solutions for a diverse set of verticals in fashion, lifestyle, automotive, tech, FMCG and more. From ideation, content amplification, creative production and consumer insight, brands also have access to Hypebeast’s global distribution network of over 10.5 million readers per month and 10 million social media followers worldwide.
HYPEMAKER is looking for a full-time Video Editor to join our New York City team. The primary role of the Video Editor will be to assist the team on video editing. This role will require self sufficiency, strong communication skills and timeline management. Working closely with the producers and creatives you will be fulfilling projects to assure HYPEBEAST/HYPEBAE video content continues to grow in quality and relevance.
- Researching and identifying industry trends
- Editing social stories and cutdowns
- Contributing to creative team brainstorms and content goals
- Liaise with freelance creatives if necessary
- Track deliverables through post-production
- Assist with edit strategy
- Support the production department with editing needs
- Basic videographer/camera skills are a plus
- Ability to edit short form, long form and social content
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Eager to learn – Having a positive attitude and amenable to a variety of tasks in order to gain real-world hands-on experience
- Resourceful – Has the hustle in order to get tasks done in a timely manner, overcoming challenges along the way
- Autonomous – The ability to take direction, but needs little oversight to get the job done
- Indispensable –Someone who quickly and proactively makes their value known without ego, but rather based on merit and attitude
- Highly creative and proactive – Constantly looking for ways to improve his/her skills while staying on top of what’s relevant in the industry
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.