The Health & Safety Supervisor will be an autonomous individual who specializes in assessing and enforcing COVID-19 health and safety protocols and procedures in the workplace to help minimize workplace exposure. This individual will work closely with production company’s Safety manager, to provide guidance and support on the execution of COVID-19 health and safety protocols and directives in conjunction with the UPM, 1st AD, and other relevant department heads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Review Production’s current policies, protocols, procedures, and guidelines for best practices in light of the circumstances and provide guidance on required revisions and updates from time to time as COVID-19 infectious disease guidance evolves.
- Monitor that these policies, protocols, procedures, and guidelines are implemented and maintained throughout the physical production process.
- Responsible for the oversight and enforcement of the on-site COVID-19 safety plan.
- Oversee and monitor social/physical distancing, symptom monitoring, disinfecting protocols.
- Monitor the testing protocols established to ensure compliance and that notification protocols are being followed.
- Oversee that the production is operating utilizing social distancing through the department pods.
- Oversee that the production is continuing the process of the required Health and Safety Paperwork.
- Identify COVID-19 hazards in the workplace; provide guidance on ways to reduce and prevent infections disease exposures on the job.
- Provide recommendations for tasks that can be potentially hazardous to workers.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the workplace to ensure that COVID-19 infectious disease protocols and procedures are being operationalized.
- Promote and maintain the health and wellness of workers.
- Undergo specialized training on health and safety precautions, policies and procedures related to infection prevention practices including COVID-19 prevention, disinfection and PPE as it relates to studio (to be provided by the client and/or the production company).
- Support the production with planning on all Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure PPE protocols and adherence to such duties as may be determined by the production.
- Manage the procurement, distribution and inventory of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Oversee that the production has trained all cast and crew in wearing PPE.
- Oversee the stocking, restocking, and distribution of PPE–including overseeing the disposal of Hazardous Materials (testing waste and discarded or damaged PPE).
- Monitor and support the Hygiene & Safety Cleaning Crew.
- Set up and maintain the handwashing, sanitizing and disinfecting stations.
- Set up Medical Checkpoints. This would apply as soon as Production begins to occupy ANY physical The Checkpoint could be an office, a truck/bus/RV or pop-up tent.
- Oversee that the production is operating with the proper number of Medics (as defined and supplied by the production company).
- Oversee that the production is operating utilizing the daily check-in procedures.
- Oversee the arrangements and coordination for the testing activities.
- Coordinate the placement of catering and craft service.
- Coordinate the Security Unit regarding the PPE Zone System. This would include the implementation of requisite badges, IDs, and app technology (if utilized) to identify and, when necessary, track cast and crew members.
- Advise production on the location of appropriate hospitals and urgent care facilities, as needed.
- Facilitate speedy contact with the appropriate fire department, police, and medical services facilities to ensure efficient use of such systems.
- Coordinate with the production staff regarding any immediate needs for heightened medical services (i.e., if an ambulance standby is needed).
- Work with the Production team to ensure the necessary supplies and equipment are on-hand in case of an emergency.
- Manage and provide training to cast and crew (as needed) regarding maintaining sanitary conditions on the production regarding personal hygiene practices, hand washing, surface disinfecting, cleaning, etc.
- Manage and provide training to cast and crew regarding Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to: proper selection, use, care and disposal of PPE, PPE Zoning and principles.
- Provide ongoing information and reassurance to individuals and groups on COVID-19 related hygiene and safety procedures and precautions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industrial safety and medical best practices.
- Coordinate with check-in teams and report information to the UPM and Safety Manager.
- Working with the on-site COVID Screeners/Testers report immediately in the case of any COVID-19 symptoms to the Production Supervisor and the COVID-19 taskforce.
- Work with the UPM and Safety Manager regarding any reports of breaches of company COVID-19 policies.
- Report general health and compliance on a daily basis the status of protocols being followed.
- Other duties as required.
This position does not have any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred working in a healthcare setting with a current license or certification (EMT, Paramedic, LPN, RN, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner)
- Safety degree or equivalent certifications, qualifications (ASP, OSHA 501/511, NEBOSH, IOSH, OHST, etc.)
- Working knowledge of COVID-19 response and best practices
- Familiar with various global, federal, and state legislation, standards, regulations and best practices on health and safety responsibilities
- Management/Supervisor experience required
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications, Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills and attention to details are essential
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Desire to efficiently and creatively solve problems and enact solutions
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Must have a current CPR & First Aid certification
- May be exposed to infectious diseases and other occupational dangers
- Must be able to withstand physical and emotional stress
- Requires long periods of standing and moving
- Be able to wear required PPE for up to 12 hours or more per shift (face mask, eye protection, medical gloves, gown, safety vest, etc.)
- Be able to work in an outdoor environment (subject to change)
All conditions, skills and abilities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires working outdoors and indoors, and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
This position consists of shift work. Typical shifts are 10-12 hours per day, a mixture of day shifts, and night shifts as required by the client site.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.