The upcoming HBO historical TV series is resuming production in the New York City area and is currently casting for paid extras/ background actors that reside in the NYC / Tri-State area.
The show is set in the late 1800’s, a time that war referred to as the gilded age. The Gilded Age is described as a historical period drama and was developed by Downtown Abbey creator Julian Fellowes. The show has been in the works for quite sometime and back in 2012, Julian Fellows announced the show as a prequel to Downtown Abbey.
The series was originally set to be released by NBC but later moved to HBO with a premiere date of sometime in 2021. The series is executive produced by Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and Salli Richardson. The cast of the show currently includes Christine Baranski,
Cynthia Nixon, Carrie Coon and Morgan Spector. Fore more info about the full cast, please checkout HBO’s pageabout the show.
About the show:
A wide-eyed young scion of a conservative family embarks on a mission to infiltrate the wealthy neighboring clan dominated by ruthless railroad tycoon George Russell, his rakish son, Larry, and his ambitious wife, Bertha.
GWCI Seeking is SAG-AFTRA/NONUNION men and women to portray 1880’s African American cafe patrons for background work on season 1 of the HBO series The Gilded Age. Tentative work date is 12/3 in Sleepy Hollow, NY. Fitting sometime in November in Brooklyn, and a required covid test 5 days prior to the work date in Brooklyn.
Covid test provided by production likely in Greenpoint as well.
THIS IS PAID WORK – SAG-AFTRA rate is SAG background scale; Nonunion rate is $165/10hrs.
SEEKING NYC/Tristate Area LOCALS ONLY FOR THIS!
Scene is set in the 1880s….
– MEN & WOMEN must have NO VISIBLE TATTOOS. (especially on neck & hands)
– MEN must have natural hair colors and ok getting period haircut and have your facial hair styled/altered to be period appropriate
– MEN NO fades, super clean edges, shaved sides, etc.
– MEN & WOMEN must have NO wool allergies
– WOMEN must have natural hair colors only (no highlights, ombre or balayage). Looking for women with longer hair lengths preferably at least 4-6inches below the shoulders in it’s natural texture (please note current length of hair.)
-WOMEN must be okay wearing a corset, bustle and multiple layers as appropriate to the 1880s.
If interested/available, please email, change the subject line to read “FB African American Cafe Patrons, fully available” and include in the body of the email the following information:
– Union Status (SAG-AFTRA or NONUNION)
– Phone Number
– Confirm that you are local to the NYC tri state area
– MEN & WOMEN: Several candid full-body photos, photos from the back that shows your hair length
– WOMEN: Current photos without makeup.
– Men: OKAY clean shaven (or altering facial hair if you have facial hair).
– Women: current hair length below the shoulders
– Women: Confirm okay wearing/working in a corset and/or bustle
– All current wardrobe sizes (MEN: height, weight, jacket, neck/sleeve, waist/inseam, shoe; WOMEN: height, weight, dress, bust-waist-hips, shoe)
– Which forms of IDs you will be bringing for your i9 if booked (if you have a VISA or Employment Authorization Card, please let us know!)
– Confirm your hair has NOT been colored, dyed, or highlighted (if it has, please elaborate)
– Confirm the dates you are available/submitting for
Please write in the subject line: “FB African American Cafe Patrons, fully available”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org