Group Nine Media
The Associate Producer is a key contributor to the growth of Seeker, assisting in the creation of innovative, on-brand content that builds audiences across digital platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. The Associate Producer is a strong collaborator who works closely with the rest of the Content team to create engaging science stories that resonate with Seeker’s digital audiences. This person is nimble and welcomes the continuing evolution of our digital media industry. They are a curious and creative self-starter who is highly organized with a video production background and a strong portfolio to prove their creative chops.
A typical week includes
- Pitching, developing and executing content that is consistent with Seeker’s editorial voice and tone
- Providing creative and logistical support during studio and field production
- Maintaining the highest degree of accuracy and quality in all published content, by fact-checking all scripts and visuals to Seeker’s editorial standards.
- Sourcing and clearing footage, including 3rd party stock footage and images for all scripts
- Driving the creation of thumbnails and brainstorm titles for show packaging on digital platforms
- Leveraging data-driven insights to inform editorial decisions that track to Seeker’s KPI’s
- Effectively communicating and collaborating across all facets of post-production, including giving clear direction and updates to video editors as required
- Working closely with Producer and Production Management to coordinate production schedules, calendars, talent, and resources
- Working closely with the post production, studio and field managers to streamline production processes with a regular focus on supporting production efficiencies. Contributing to streamlining workflows and asset organization.
- Fostering relationships with scientists, research institutions, and organizations to build a stream of leads for new productions and to help gather and license footage
- Secure all necessary legal clearances and signed releases from interviewees, locations, material licensors
- Managing priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules, deadlines, and deliverables
- Continuously build on production skills and grow creatively, including scriptwriting and taking charge of projects where needed
- Archive and organize projects to Seeker quality and technical standards
- Perform other duties as required
Success will look like
- Ideating and creating content that hits or exceeds Seeker’s KPI’s including watch time, views, audience retention and reach, across platform
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player, taking initiative to drive the content forward, meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Being a solutions-focused team member who is consistently looking for ways to elevate Seeker’s content and the brand as a whole
The next great Associate Producer will have
- A passion for production and journalism with a demonstrated aptitude for translating science in a fun and relatable way that is consistent with Seeker’s voice and tone
- A solid track record of writing, editing, and producing high-quality digital video content
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Knowledge of emerging platforms and digital trends
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills both oral and written
- The ability to multitask, to be up to speed on current events, trending science news, and be able to respond accordingly
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines and deliver within budget
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Enthusiasm and excitement for the Seeker brand, your team and the content you create
- A can-do, team-first attitude, are a must!
*A link to your reel/portfolio is required.* Cover letter not required but it might help set you apart from other candidates. We promise that we will read them!
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine’s mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands – NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critic’s Choice, among others.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.