Project Type: Various
Job Date: Ongoing
Union Status: Non-Union
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Framestore’s Integrated Advertising team in Los Angeles is looking for a VFX Editor to join our team.
Strong organizational skills, client facing experience and VFX editorial workflow knowledge is required. This is an advanced Editorial position, and the ideal candidate will need to be highly self-motivated, proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team with both internal and external clients.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background, very comfortable in the Visual Effect environment, and has at least five (5) years of VFX / online editing experience in the professional video and/or film industry.
- Conforming timelines from client provided EDL, XML, AAF and meticulously checking against provided offline reference for accuracy
- Organizing and preparing transcoded plates and publishing them to the facility’s VFX pipeline.
- Updating Shotgun, plates, etc. as edit changes come from client, and communicating those changes to the production team
- Maintaining an up-to-date edit, accommodating edit changes from clients and updating shots within an internal VFX pipeline
- Working closely with show’s internal production crew, supervisors & creative leads and comprehending the project’s on-going editorial needs
- Preparing & running internal and client reviews
- Exporting & posting WIP edits to a facility web-based browser
- Delivering conform edits to Color / DI / finishing departments
- Working closely with Digital intermediate Assistants and Colorists
- A thorough understanding of editorial workflow principles (EDLs, XMLs, AAFs, file formats, frame rates, colorspace, time warps, tracking, basic compositing, etc)
- Working knowledge of Foundry’s Hiero software, or working knowledge of NLE principals and workflows from another professional NLE software (Avid, Flame, Adobe Premiere, etc)
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A polite and respectful attitude towards clients and fellow employees
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail and a meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a fast paced, professional environment
- A strong understanding of a modern, professional VFX pipeline
- Familiarity with Visual Effects Render Farm software
- Experience working with and directly engaging outside clients during edit sessions
- Experience on long format collaborative projects spread across several weeks or months
- Python programming knowledge
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.