Flame Artists are responsible for creating visual and special effects and other images using Flame for high-end commercial advertising. They will composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot while developing live-action, CG imagery and 2D elements into single composites.
We are looking for someone who has a great reel demonstrating complex VFX work and a passion to work on top-tier content requiring a high level of finish. The Flame Artist should also have great relationships with clients.
- Working with offline edits, prepping initial conforms as needed.
- Conforming edits including manipulating EDLs, understanding time warps, dissolves, wipes etc.
- Slating and audio retracking
- QC & Mastering requirements including the knowledge of technical areas, HD, 4:3 and 16:9 title safe, PAL, NTSC & social deliverables (1:1, 4:3, OLV, etc.)
- Understanding of US broadcast distributors for legal type and size, etc.
- Organizing media for archiving & liaising with Data Services to ensure the space is managed efficiently on the Flames
- Work with clients in order to create their vision
- Support the Director of Production and Producers in bidding projects and helping the Creative Director pitch and win the 2D aspects of projects
- Assist VFX shoot supervisor on shoots when required, with the aim to start supervising smaller projects solo.
- Supervise team of staff and freelance junior compositors and paint & roto artists.
- Provide visually creative and timely solutions to directors or clients.
- Communicates with other VFX staff and departments on status of composite work.
- Able to manage time effectively and give accurate assessments of the workload and the time required to complete tasks.
- Able to provide preliminary and final color correction for the spots.
- Comfortable working in client attended sessions on finishing projects
- Compositing in Nuke – initially cleanup work to develop into multi layered, VFX heavy compositing, with guidance and support from Compositing Supervisors and Head of 2D.
- 5+ years experience on commercials and visual effects heavy projects using Flame.
- An understanding and commitment to providing superior service to commercial clients, both from a technical and creative point of view.
- A thorough understanding and experience in compositing computer graphics into live action.
- Proficiency in film and video broadcast standards and video and graphics formats
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to juggle several jobs at once in a highly efficient manner
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with both clients and staff at all levels
- Good understanding of color space
- Photoshop experience
- Linux experience
- Backdraft experience
- Furnace and Sapphire experience
- Experience with Nuke is a plus.
- Experience with Smoke is a plus.
- Experience with Hiero is a plus.
- Experience with Final Cut is a plus.
- Experience with Shotgun is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.