Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information and to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, and Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realise their infinite potential.
About the role:
Refinery29 UK is looking for an exceptional entertainment editor to join the growing London editorial team. The successful candidate will work with the Head of Content to shape and drive the tone of Refinery29’s UK diverse entertainment coverage. The candidate will be driven by a desire to create original content and find new ways of talking about the entertainment world. They should be full of ideas and fresh angles on everything from UK & global TV shows to movies, books, music, and exhibitions. The right candidate must be able to plan, commission, write and edit intelligent, ground-breaking entertainment features, reviews, previews and recaps as well as manage the daily output of breaking news stories. The candidate will be an entertainment obsessive and have a wealth of contacts from PRs and creatives to industry insiders. The entertainment editor must be comfortable in front of a camera and on stage too. Presenting onscreen interviews and representing the brand at panels and talks will be key.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive and produce exceptional, cutting-edge entertainment content online, identifying and generating new engaging stories that are voicey and relevant on a daily basis.
- Manage and plan content from freelance entertainment contributors.
- Review content performance daily / weekly, using GA, Chartbeat and internal tools and work with the Growth Team to ensure monthly entertainment production and traffic goals are met.
- Represent Refinery29 UK at industry events and maintain relationships with key brands and PRs.
- Work with the Head of Content and Lifestyle Director to build out the monthly calendar.
- Communicate and collaborate with the entertainment team in R29’s global offices.
- Work with partnering brands to help create the most innovative brand work in the business.
- Work with the team to create and execute special projects and tentpole initiatives.
- Ensure that all Refinery29 entertainment content is both inclusive and diverse.
What you have:
- Relevant experience in publishing or digital media, with a focus on entertainment.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- An understanding of SEO.
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.