The Role: Video Editor
TubeScience is looking for a talented Video Editor to join our thriving team in Downtown LA!
Quick ‘about us’:
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 3 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for about 5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America — up from 2% six months ago.
Our typical client spends 7-8 figures per month in the FB ecosystem, across a wide range of verticals, giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale.
What’s atypical about the company
- We’re fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral and visual lab at the core: We produce 2,000+ videos per week — watched by over 100M people per day! Each of those videos is part of a structured experiment, designed to help us better understand how people make decisions, and how to visually communicate effectively.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
Who You Are:
- You are curious and impact-driven. You’re always learning and improving.
- You are a team player, thrive in a collaborative environment, and a good communicator.
- You are a technical virtuoso: well-versed in editing, motion graphics, and design.
- You are proficient in visual communication, and understand how to consistently engage and retain viewers while factoring in information hierarchy.
- You are knowledgeable in current/trending visual styles in the broader social media space (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest).
- You are thoughtful about the creative choices you make, and understand how different platforms (eg IG Stories vs Facebook News Feed) require distinct creative approaches.
- You appreciate the value of organization in Premiere/After Effects, especially in a team environment.
- You are good at giving specific feedback, and equally open and eager to receive productive feedback
- You are creative, but also results-oriented: You know how to make beautiful and creative things, while prioritize what people actually want to watch in your work.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with teammates to create direct response videos for a wide range of clients
- Translate scripts and footage that are provided to you into well-executed videos
- Independently create original, well-executed videos, using available assets
- Comply with brand and legal guidelines
- Utilize our data and analytical tools to make improvements to existing videos
- Bring a positive, can-do attitude to the team
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects & Premiere (MoGRTS, Dynamic Link, Expressions, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in Broadcast Design and/or Title/Typography Design
- Must have experience working in a Mac environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in TV Advertising, TV Promo is a plus
- Must provide a link to recent DEMO REEL
- Only candidates based in Los Angeles area should apply
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- Creative Working Environment
- 401(k) + Matching
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Occasional Work Lunches
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Company SWAG
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.