The Production Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day production schedule and crew under the guidance of the Line Producer. With direction from the Line Producer, the Production Manager modifies and adjusts the series and/or episodes schedules and implements strategies to stay on schedule and budget while encouraging the crew.
- Ensure that the production is running efficiently and smoothly
- Oversee production staff and communicate regularly
- Put processes and practices in place to ensure crew is supported
- Have transparency into crew and understand the detailed status of the production and episodes
- Escalate challenges and issues to Line Producer and when appropriate other studio management, come with proposed solutions
- Manage the individual department, episodic, Partner Studio(s) schedules to ensure that they tie into the master schedule
- Enable and contribute to a culture that creates an environment where the crew can do their best work
- Manage, mentor, delegate and grow the Production Staff on the series
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall show schedule, track man-weeks and coordinate the day-to-day workflow
- Help to establish the division of duties and approvals processes within the production pipeline
- Provide input to the Line Producer and Production Accountant in creating and maintaining the production’s staffing profile
- Work with the Supervising Director, Art Director, and Animation/Comp Supervisors in conjunction with the Line Producer on the schedule and planning for their departments
- Under the guidance of the VP of Animation Production and the Line Producer, develop an effective relationship with Partner Studio(s), ensure daily communication, troubleshoot issues and potential delays
- Responsible for the information in production reports; including knowing what the information means, gaps that require discussion and trends that appear
- Attend pitches and other review meetings with the Executive Producers, Supervising Director, Director(s) and/or Art Director to ensure that the schedule is moving forward and/or specific issues are addressed and/or escalated
- Responsible for the proper introduction and onboarding of appropriate scheduling tools and processes to the crew
- Under the guidance of the Line Producer, review and approve timecards ensuring accuracy
- Run production meetings to ensure clear communication, dissemination of information, acknowledge accomplishments and discuss challenges
- Assist Post Production Supervisor in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure information is communicated in a timely manner and monitor retake budget.
- Advise the Line Producer of any potential problems or issues, particularly those impacting schedule, and come prepared with proposed solutions
- Provide mentorship and opportunities for growth for the production staff, including delegating targeted tasks and empowering the production staff to take on additional responsibilities
- Develop thoughtful and meaningful initiatives and events to elevate crew morale and to grow the series’ team dynamic
- When appropriate, help create or suggest new processes to make the show pipeline more efficient to meet the unique needs of the project, as well as the deadlines
- Work with the Line Producer to proactively ensure that the staffing needs of the show are met, when appropriate communicate need clearly to Creative Talent Management and Recruiting
- Assist Line Producer with performance reviews to provide the crew clear feedback with specific examples within the timeframe provided by the studio
- Under the supervision of the Line Producer discuss performance management or personnel issues and come prepared with suggested solutions and/or plans to resolve issues
- Under the guidance of the Line Producer, be transparent with the studio regarding pertinent issues and concerns with the crew and show leadership
- Ensure that the team culture is one of timely feedback and communication (with both positive praise and constructive criticism)
- Foster an environment of collaboration and an environment where mistakes are an opportunity for growth
- When relevant and appropriate, convey studio initiatives to the crew
- Assist with the creation and tracking of show credits
● Software requirements: Gmail suite, Google Docs, Microsoft Suite, and Shotgun (preferred)
● Comprehensive knowledge of the CG TV animation production process
● Communicate clearly and ensures that the correct internal and external groups are provided timely updates
● Ability to work with remote crew and independent contractors
● Manage and drive multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times
● Work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
● Proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment, be open to new ideas, and switch gears whenever necessary
● Use discretion and maintain confidential information
● Own tasks and drive through completion
● Effectively communicate with respect and consideration with studio employees and Partner Studio(s) at all levels
DreamWorks Animation TV Production
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.